- CODE: CMT
- DURATION: 4 days
- Investment(INCL VAT): USHS.75000
- EBK CPD Calendar
Engineering contracts can be complex and often require information and advice from scientists, and project managers, as well as engineers. Drawing upon engineering case studies, this introductory course will help you make the most of your contribution to the contract process. Engineers need to understand the basis and practicalities of contract law in order to deliver successful projects and supplier relationships. Failure to understand the basics can prove very expensive. As an Engineer, if you are dealing with suppliers and managing contracts on a regular basis, it's important for you to be able to make informed decisions without waiting to consult with legal specialists. This course is designed to provide you with a guide in engineering and construction contracts, and how it is used to help deliver successful projects and supplier relationships. Over 5 days, our expert facilitators will guide you through contemporary legal frameworks and issues in which procurement and contract management operate. This course covers the three stages of contracting; negotiating the deal; documenting that deal in a robust, but practical way: and managing the performance of the contract itself. .
- Mode of Delivery
> We use a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the materials presented. The training course will be lively and interactive and will include tests and exercises, role plays, case studies, practice sessions, group discussions and presentations and Q&A. Participants will receive personal feedback on their performance. The learning experience will be supported by electronic reference manual containing model documents and templates.
> Internationally recognised Conditions of Contracts mainly followed for Contract Management in Kenya
>The role and purpose of contracts for engineering
>The role of engineers in contract formation and management
>How contracts are formed and ended
>The terms and conditions and obligations placed on each party to the contract.
>How risk is allocated in different types of contract.
>Processes for dispute and conflict resolution.
- > Project managers
- > Contract managers
- > Engineers.
- > Administrators
- > Consultants
- > consulting engineers
- > quantity surveyors.
- > Managers
Viscar reserves the right to cancel or re-schedule courses and to change instructors. Please be advised that in the event of a course cancellation, Viscar is not responsible for airfare penalties or other travel related expenses you may incur. You must successfully complete the entire course or program to be awarded a Certificate of Completion/Participation.
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
- for cancellations/transfers received at least 5 business days before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer.
- Requests received within 5 business days of the course starting incur a KES 15000 processing fee.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to another Viscar course of your choice.
- Training Costs
- The training fee per person/individual is USHS.539135
- The fee quoted includes VAT.
- The costs caters for the provision of an ideal venue to conduct the training (boardroom/class room for theoretical training and practical training) as well as meals and refreshments for trainees for the duration of the training.
- The cost caters for the provision of professional training, student manuals and CPD certified certificates from EBK.
- Viscar shall provide a training venue at any location (Nairobi, Mombasa, Kisumu, Eldoret, Nakuru) at no additional fee.
- The minimum number of delegates for each class is seven (7).