- CODE: CT 004
The Universal Mobile Telecommunications System (UMTS) is a globally significant third generation (3G) mobile cellular radio system. It provides a natural progression path for all GSM/GPRS networks. The use of UMTS and HSPA enables mobile-network operators to offer higher bit rate services and much more flexible radio interface compared with 2G technologies. It is more efficient in terms of spectrum utilization. The course covers all aspects of 3G operation from the radio air interface through to the core network including planning and optimization. This course also covers the next evolutionary step for 3G networks, High Speed Packet Access (HSPA) and Long Term Evolution (LTE). It is crucial for engineers to appreciate at this early stage the capabilities and implications for this emerging technologies. Emphasis will be given on understanding the fundamentals, radio network design and optimization. .
Viscar reserves the right to cancel or re-schedule courses and to change instructors. Please be advised that in the event of a course cancellation, Viscar is not responsible for airfare penalties or other travel related expenses you may incur. You must successfully complete the entire course or program to be awarded a Certificate of Completion/Participation.
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
- for cancellations/transfers received at least 5 business days before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer.
- Requests received within 5 business days of the course starting incur a KES 15000 processing fee.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to another Viscar course of your choice.
- Training Costs
- The training fee per person/individual is USHS.539135
- The fee quoted includes VAT.
- The costs caters for the provision of an ideal venue to conduct the training (boardroom/class room for theoretical training and practical training) as well as meals and refreshments for trainees for the duration of the training.
- The cost caters for the provision of professional training, student manuals and CPD certified certificates from EBK.
- Viscar shall provide a training venue at any location (Nairobi, Mombasa, Kisumu, Eldoret, Nakuru) at no additional fee.
- The minimum number of delegates for each class is seven (7).